Hamilton Musician’s aim is to accurately represent the music scene in the Greater Hamilton area.
The online site has a subscriber base of over 700 people supporting emerging and existing Hamilton area musical talent, include Burlington, Oakville, and Brantford.
Hamilton Musician reviews, interviews, announces and features a variety of local musical artists and acts including full-time and part-time professional musicians, and music hobbyists. We don’t discriminate.
We like to include stories about music schools and musical instruction too.
Send us content about what you’re planning and new music you’re releasing.
If you are interested in querying the editor about a story idea, please email email@example.com.
What to write about?
We try to engage our audience through intelligent writing, insight, humour, and accurate musical and music industry knowledge.
- We invite exclusive interviews with local artists and arts supporters/administrators/event-makers who exemplify quality, passion, and performance talent in our local music scene.
- We look for articles with unique, unexpected angles and for subjects that will remain fresh.
- We seek writing that educates our readers about new performance ideas, new opportunities to earn income, and new ways of using technology.
- We prefer balanced critical reviews over fawning fan reviews.
- local trends, news, and developments with a focus on music’s role and key people musician wellness and lifestyle
- performance skills and philosophy
- sound and recording technology, equipment and repair
- marketing yourself as a musician and getting gigs
- managing money, income, and doing business as a musician
- music history of Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville or Brantford
- high profile local musician stories and interviews
- behind the scenes people: talent buyers, technicians, producers, music administrators
- photo essays/reviews
Keep it local – Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, and Brantford.
If you are including photographs, please make sure you have permission to use the photos, and give credit to the photographer.
You are invited to send photographs for consideration. Please keep in mind that we cover musicians from the greater Hamilton area including Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton, and Brantford. Out-of-town shots of our local artists are a great idea. Local shots of local performances are great too.
Amateur and professional, serious and hobby musicians are all welcome.
Photo essays of performances are welcome. Please include the date, venue, name of artist/band, and the occasion. Photos that are selected for publication on hamiltonmusician.com will have your name credited in the caption, and a link to your website.